Friday, March 4, 2011

BYS Phantom



BYS - Phantom, 3 coats

Phantom was my first BYS polish, and I must say that I'm mostly unimpressed by it. I didn't like the stiff brush or the very flimsy handle which just screamed "I'm cheapo!" at me. Also, the formula was sort of gluey (or as I prefer to call it, very much like kiisseli). The combo of silver glitter and blue shimmer in a purple jelly base sounds delectable, but in addition to the iffy formula and the cheap packaging there's just one setback: the smell. It was the strangest I've ever come across - Phantom has a VERY strong mildew-like scent that overpowers any usual chemical fumes that the polish has. Now I know I'm a freak because I adore the smell of old musty cellars, and I found myself sniffing my fingers frequently while I was painting them... it really smells like mildew. :") Perhaps Revlon should launch a new line of scented polishes for people like me - in it, they could include gems such as the ever so popular Sunbaked Roadkill (duochrome orange/red/brown), an old time favourite Suave Sewage (chunky green glitter), and tailored especially for me - Mil-Dewdrops (teal & green glass flecks in sheer black base). Anyhoo, the scent was there even the following day which was when I decided to remove the mani.

4 kommenttia:

The Phalanges Friend said...

The Mil-Dewdrops actually sounds really really good, just they should also offer an unscented version. LOL.

Tessa said...

Amazing color :)!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Great color, but too bad about the negatives...

Clarence said...

Appreeciate your blog post

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...