I've been polishing my nails since I was 13 - the first NP I ever bought was a dark teal shimmer from Constance Carroll, which I still own, and nowadays I have perhaps 600-700 polishes (I'm too scared to count, lol). Most represented in my collection are purples and blues, followed by pinks, greens and misc. glitters. I dislike neons, sheers, mumsy colours, frosts (who doesn't!), oranges, yellows and most shades of red, especially the 'classic' reds. I buy about 95% of all my NP online because of the poor selection of brands and colours, and the general outrageous cost of NP here in Finland. A list of online nail stores from whom I've purchased and thus can recommend can be found in the sidebar. I also use eBay to hunt down discontinued and rare colours.
I started blogging in October 2010 after wanting to establish a permanent site for all my old NP swatches. The title of the blog comes from the 1944 movie Arsenic and Old Lace. Acetone is one of the most essential substances ever for a NP devotee, and I am definitely not afraid to wear non-3BF colours and older lacquers. :D All my pictures were taken with a Canon PowerShot G6 unless otherwise noted.
My nails are all natural without any kind of enhancements.
Some random facts about me:
- I don't wear any makeup apart from nail polish and the occasional mascara (not that I don't need it, but it's such a pain to put on and take off)
- My two poodles - Onni and Hiski - are my babies and true lifesavers
- I used to create CC (custom content) for The Sims 2 and post my stuff for several years at Mod The Sims 2 under the name bruno; I no longer make stuff, I'm too much into nail polish these days! *LOL*
- I am mentally and physically addicted to tea and
- I've been a Madonna fan since 1994 and I collect M records as a hobby - I currently have nearly 600 albums, singles and bootlegs on CD, vinyl and cassette, plus plenty of different kinds of merchandise.
- I enjoy watching let's plays of old games on YouTube
- My childhood heroes were MacGyver, Indiana Jones and Guybrush Threepwood
- My adulthood heroes include the aforementioned, Christopher Hitchens, Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman, One F Jef, Kikoskia, veriax and Spoony
- Historical inaccuracies in fiction make me irk
- I'm always game for some Scrabble!
You can find my Last.fm profile here if you wish to learn more on my musical preferences.
Some vintage images from these great free sites:
The Graphics Fairy
Free textures and graphic elements:
Auto LightBox effect for Blogger:
XiGeek and SimplexDesign
"Dancing Script" font by Pablo Impallari:
Google Font Directory