Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blue, teal & turquoise spam! Pt. 2

 Franken - Lady Sings the Blues Across the Universe, 2 coats

I wanted to create a franken that'd settle somewhere between Deborah Lippmann's Lady Sings The Blues and Across The Universe. I used a super pigmented dark blue, added a drop of black and lots of clear polish to get a jelly base that was opaque enough with two coats, but still managed to keep that squishy jelly look. I then added a ton of goopy silver hex glitter polish from Saffron and blue fine glitter lacquer called Mirage from La Femme - both UK brands - and finally Models Own Emerald City, a super dense green glitter.

 GOSH - Blue Monday, 3 coats

Blue Monday was *barely* opaque with three coats, I could still see a bit of VNL myself. Next time, I'll use either underwear or layer it over a similar colour.


Unknown brand - Blue glass fleck, 3 coats

Another eBay find, the brand name was written in Chinese and I don't know any Chinese, so under 'unknown brand' label it goes. I absolutely adored this lacquer and I hope I'll come across a backup bottle someday.

 OPI - Russian Navy Suede, 2 coats w/ top coat

The OPI suedes lull you into believing that they dry incredibly fast, but I think otherwise after denting Russian Navy *badly* after over an hour I had finished applying it.

OPI - DS Glamour, 2 coats

DS Glamour is one of the most coveted semi-HTF VHTF lacquers out there and much loved by the community... I thought it was just okay. *hides*

1 kommenttia:

Honey Bomb said...

This franken is tooooo gorgeous! Great job!!! =)

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...